relief, rest, recovery
Hygienic darkroom retreating means resting in an absolutely dark room for days, alone, with food. Why do it?
- instant relief from distress and overstimulation
- profound rest from exhaustion
- complete recovery from injury and illness
Healing super-intensifies. Energy, clarity, and joy reappear. Health and sanity are restored. The lost self returns.
This complete manual explains why a retreat works, how to do it, and how to make a darkroom at home.
toward a hygienic psychology
Indigenous and spiritual traditions have used darkness for millennia. This is the first approach to darkness—and psychology—based on hygiene. Not just cleanliness, hygiene is the biological science of health. It is based on life’s self-preserving nature and normal conditions: fresh air, ample sleep, pure food, frequent bathing and exercise, etc. Its principles apply equally to the organic system of the psyche.
Hygiene began to show industrial civilization nature’s way in 1832. Worldwide massive improvements in public health followed. Hygiene is history’s most influential approach to health, which billions use daily without even knowing it.
A hygienic darkroom retreat provides all conditions of profound rest. These are normal conditions, perfected and temporarily extended, as in fasting. In profound rest, the psyche heals itself, even of the worst trauma. The conscious self merely maintains the conditions of this autonomic self-healing. Reliable miracles result.
continue reading online >
- get it at leanpub
- free/pay what you like
- pdf, epub, mobi
- automatic notification of new versions, which are free forever
- no spam and your contact info remains hidden, even from me
- or here
See introduction > help for many ways to participate in and support hygienic darkroom retreating.
I wish to make another attempt at a 20-day retreat in order to heal from my psychosis and accompanying exhaustion-depression. I have difficulty organizing this. If you would like to help me please write me.
Donations: I appreciate them very much. I live simply, so even small amounts help.
- Cryptocurrency (send me a note, too)
- Skycoin: Y7XW7HY85d36pJFUohtqRyqjtXQAk7M33o
- Eos: ge3dqojzgyge
- Bitcoin: 1CFdob7YqaF1wj6ForPpCzYF5JvakStdzx
- Ether: 0x437e29b9703C74F7ece82e0D35FEDFE2B814D11d
- Snailmail, bank transfer, or deposit: email me about how to use these methods. Include your location.