relief, rest, recovery
A hygienic darkroom retreat consists of extended rest in a totally dark room. One is alone, with supporters nearby. There is food. The room is quiet, comfortable, and well-ventilated.
Why do this? For:
- relief from distress and overstimulation
- rest from exhaustion and depression
- recovery from trauma and disease
This is a complete manual, with theory, protocol, and design. It explains why retreating works and how to do it. It includes drawings and instructions for beginning at home.
toward a hygienic psychology
Neither spiritual, therapeutic, nor psychedelic, this is the first approach to darkness based on hygiene. Hygiene is the science of health, a branch of biology. It respects life’s self-preserving nature. It identifies life’s normal conditions: air, warmth, work, relationship, cleanliness, etc.
Hygiene started in 1832 and spread worldwide. The 19th century’s famous improvements in public health resulted. Its rudiments became common sense. Billions who never see doctors benefit from hygiene daily. But few know it formally—or its greatest benefits.
In darkness, hygiene finds its missing link: a psychology. Now hygiene can extend its superlative care of the physique to the organic system of the psyche. This proves to be the key to health. The result: reliable miracles.
continue reading online for free >
- get it at leanpub
- adjustable price
- pdf, epub, mobi
- check option for automatic notification of new versions, free forever
- no spam and your contact info remains hidden, even from me
- or send me an email and at least $5 (see methods below) and I’ll send it to you.
To make hygienic darkroom retreating work, I need a decent, safe, quiet house for a year. If my book makes sense to you and you would like to provide the house, please let me know.
Otherwise, here are other ideas to participate in hygienic darkroom retreating.
Donations: I appreciate them very much. I live simply. Even small amounts help. I’ll send you my ebook and a printable version of the PDF. Methods:
- Venmo @andrewdurham
- Cryptocurrency (notify me of payment by email so I can thank you):
- Litecoin: ltc1qzvj6uc703jnl9rn8jkh5fp43r3a8cuq6f3gnk0
- Bitcoin: 1PMBnyh9HKCcpWaLF1Fg2BEBXQRz2fzHv2
- Ether: 0x53dA2A8287B91B563c95bc8DF0327a9d17C38Ef8
- Dash: Xcu4DV334knVVtrKajqCfgPyBA2bTExVKB
- Snailmail, bank transfer, or deposit: email me about how to use these methods. Include your location.