relief, rest, recovery
When doors shut and lights go out, the miracles begin:
- instant relief from distress and overstimulation
- profound rest from exhaustion
- complete recovery from illness and injury
A hygienic darkroom retreat is extended rest in total darkness. Healing super-intensifies. Energy and function are restored. Clarity, strength, and joy reappear. The lost self returns.
The primary condition of healing is profound rest. The essential condition of profound rest is darkness. All its conditions exist in a hygienic darkroom retreat. They are perfected and temporarily extended, as in fasting. The organism heals itself autonomically of the worst wounds life deals us. The experience and result are reliable miracles.
toward a hygienic psychology
Indigenous and spiritual traditions have used physical darkness for millennia for healing and spiritual development. This is the first approach to darkness—and psychology—based on hygiene.
Not just cleanliness, hygiene is the science of health, a branch of biology. Hygiene is based on the self-preserving nature of life and its normal conditions. These include fresh air, ample sleep, pure food, regular bathing and exercise, etc. Darkness enables the application of hygiene to the organic system of the psyche. Hygiene optimizes the use of darkness and makes it available to everyone.
Hygiene began to show nature’s way to health to industrial civilization in 1832. Worldwide massive improvements in public health followed. Its benefits continue daily for billions who know it only as cleanliness and never see doctors. Little acknowledged, hygiene is history’s most influential approach to health. Equipped with a psychology, it can now return to pre-eminence.
This complete manual explains why a retreat works, how to do it, and how to make a darkroom at home. It integrates theory and practice, from high abstractions to concrete details of construction, in a logical whole. It shows that miracles of self-healing are easy. Just provide their conditions.
continue reading online >
- get it at leanpub
- pay what you like
- pdf, epub, mobi
- check option for automatic notification of new versions, free forever
- no spam and your contact info remains hidden, even from me
- or send me an email and at least $5 (see methods below) and I’ll send it to you.
See participate for many ways to support hygienic darkroom retreating.
Donations: I appreciate them very much. I live simply. Even small amounts help. Methods:
- Venmo @andrewdurham
- Cryptocurrency (notify me of payment by email so I can thank you):
- Litecoin: ltc1qzvj6uc703jnl9rn8jkh5fp43r3a8cuq6f3gnk0
- Bitcoin: 1PMBnyh9HKCcpWaLF1Fg2BEBXQRz2fzHv2
- Ether: 0x53dA2A8287B91B563c95bc8DF0327a9d17C38Ef8
- Dash: Xcu4DV334knVVtrKajqCfgPyBA2bTExVKB
- Snailmail, bank transfer, or deposit: email me about how to use these methods. Include your location.