surpassing john galt
“Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master,
poorer is the painting which does not excel the sketch.”
We are Objectivists. We wish to influence society. Let us simply use Ayn Rand’s method. She gave it in Atlas Shrugged.
What are its ingredients? A world on the brink. An exceedingly great idea. And exceedingly great people capable of applying it.
Which ingredient is missing? The last. The trouble is such people hardly exist. They almost never become Objectivists. And Objectivism does not create them… yet.
What if we had a way to become as great as John Galt or Dagny Taggart? What if we could become 10 times greater?
I discovered the way nature gives us to do it. Here are its rudiments in one minute and its explanation in three more.
- Life begins healthy, happy, harmonious, which only exist today in myths
- Life becomes sick, sad, and conflicted due to unhealed major trauma
- Trauma results from the routine brutality of civilization originating in ancient cataclysm
- Just as nature causes cataclysm, so does it give us a way to recover
- As organisms, we are self-healing
- The primary condition of healing is rest
- The most profound rest occurs in extended total darkness: a hygienic darkroom retreat
- Miraculous healing results
Why does it work? Three reasons: physiology, environment, attitude
- As diurnal animals, we rest when it is dark. Total, extended darkness intensfies this process.
- Sensory processing is 45% of brain activity. 2/3 is vision. Overall, Sensory processing decreases 90%
- Without the food of visual data, thinking slows down, becoming less frequent, harder, and less interesting
- Environment: all the conditions of profound rest are perfectly provided:
- safety, solitude, support, time
- silence, darkness, warmth, electromagnetic neutrality
- fresh air, pure water, natural food, exercise
- the unconscious is omniscient, omnipotent, infallible
- its job is healing
- knowing this, one can finally relax on the conscious level, relinquish control, and support the process
Normal rest and healing enable us to recover from daily wear and tear. Profound rest enables us to recover from the wear and tear of a lifetime. Of generations. We can be restored to legendary degrees of function.
Francisco excelled at everything he put his hand to. Hank Rearden could always do the jobs he encountered on his rise. How Galt never made a false move. Their souls and bodies worked superlatively because their faculties were so much more intact than others.
The buck stops here. We can end our collective drama ahead of historical schedule, just as Galt did. We recover the power to do so by recovering ourselves. Hygienic darkroom retreating is how.
See for yourself. It takes a month of reading and preparation, $50 in materials, and a 3-day weekend for the retreat. My book explains everything in detail, from abstract theory to protocol to construction. Read it for 10 minutes at darkroomretreat.com. If it makes sense, keep reading.